4/7/10

Shape--Here I Come

For my New Year's resolution, like many, I planned on losing a few pounds.  At work, I joined about a dozen coworkers in a weight loss challenge.  We all put $10.00 in and at the end of May, the biggest loser gets the money.  I'm hoping that biggest loser will be me.  It isn't based on pounds lost, but rather pounds in relation to your body makeup.  So far I have lost 2 1/2 lbs. in 3 months.  To be honest, I'm not happy with that at all and I don't feel like I have lost anything. 

I'm going to start a new diet tomorrow.  I use the word diet loosely, because I don't believe in cutting everything out.  I don't understand how all these people can just not eat this or drink that.  It sounds like torture to me.  I believe in making lifestyle changes, like drinking skim milk instead of 2% or whole milk.  2 1/2 lbs. isn't going to get me the biggest loser award, so starting tomorrow I'm going to cut back on my sugar intake.  SUGAR is my biggest vice.  I love SUGAR!!  Notice how I didn't say I'm cutting sugar out--that will never happen.

My parents have been eating a lot healthier and have lost quite a bit of weight between the two of them.  I think they have each lost over 15 lbs. and they have been working at it as long as I have.  My whole family is going on a vacation to the beach this summer--Gulf Shores, Alabama--and if I am going to get in a swimming suit, cutting my sugar intake is going to have to happen ASAP.  I will keep you posted on my journey to a slimmer, fitter me.  Well I hope anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment