7/1/12

Baby Adalyn came early

  On June 4th, 5th, and 6th, baby Ady's movements slowed way down in my stomach.  Every time I would start to worry, she would kick, but I still felt that she had gone from a gymnast to sleeping all the time.  On Thursday, June 7th, I didn't feel her all day long.  I ate something sugary, rested, poked, and anything else I could think of to get her to move around.  Finally early afternoon I went to the Labor and Delivery at the hospital.
  At the hospital, they hooked me up to a nonstress test and did an ultrasound.  Her heartbeat looked good and the nurses didn't seem too concerned.  The ultrasound technician made a note that the baby didn't make any large movements while she was performing the ultrasound.  My doctor had me discharged from the hospital and told me to call her office the next morning.  After being at the hospital, I felt much better about the whole situation.
  That night was date night for my husband and I, so we headed out to dinner and to a movie.  We watched our first 3D movie--The Avengers.  I still didn't feel the baby move during the movie, which seemed strange since it is so loud in the theatre. 
  The next morning, Friday, June 8th, I called my doctor's office and they had me come in for another ultrasound.  During this ultrasound I started to get very concerned, because the technician couldn't get the baby to move either.  I was sent to the hospital and hooked up again to the non stress test.  By 3:00 in the afternoon, the doctor came in to let me know that they thought they should take the baby by c-section.
  Baby Adalyn was born on Friday, June 8th at 4:58 p.m.  She weighed 5 lbs. 3 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long.  The first thing I noticed about her was her full head of dark hair.  Shortly after she was born she was transported to a larger hospital's NICU half an hour away because of breathing issues.  Because of the c-section, I still had to stay at the hospital for a few more days. 
  Not getting to see my little angel was so hard.  Especially hearing how everyone else got to see her.  Luckily her daddy could stay with her and could give me updates and send me pictures.  And the good news was that everytime I was given a report, she always seem to be improving.
To be continued.............

No comments:

Post a Comment